Annie’s is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable and industrious Retail Nursery Manager. The ideal candidate has a minimum of five years of nursery management experience, is a leader with excellent managerial and communication skills, customer service prowess and a creative aptitude that will enhance our unique brand and shopping experience. Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Manage, train and supervise a seasonal and permanent staff (of 15-20).
- Manage daily operation of retail nursery including opening and closing procedures and point-of-sale computer system.
- Supervise and direct retail employees to ensure superior customer servicSupervise the maintenance of demonstration gardens and retail displays to ensure an exciting, high quality retail experience for our customers.
- Meet with staff regularly to discuss safety, nursery procedures, sales goals, as well as training on plant varieties and gardening.
- Attend bi-weekly Annie’s Annuals staff meetings to discuss nursery wide issues and to report on the retail department activities.
- Responsible for organizing, staffing and setting up seasonal garden parties and bi-monthly speaker series.
- Assist marketing team with scouting new and cutting-edge garden speaker
- Additional duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of five years previous nursery management experience.
- Must have experience with setting and monitoring sales goals, expense control and budgeting.
- Must have proven experience leading and motivating a staff, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Must have a patient and friendly can-do attitude and work well in a team environment.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift merchandise weighing 25 pounds.
- Must have excellent written AND computer skills. Experience with Excel and Word. Merchandising and POS knowledge and experience a must.
- Must be creative and innovative.
- Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position, five days per week, 40 hours. Most weekends are required during our busy Spring season, flexible off-season.
$22 - $26 per hour, DOE. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and generous product discounts. Please email in-line resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
Annie’s is seeking a personable and hard-working salesperson to add to our retail staff. We are interested in candidates with excellent communication skills who are highly service oriented and love to garden and learn! We strive to provide the highest standard of customer service to our gardening clientele.
Candidates should demonstrate a thirst for plant knowledge and will be expected to learn a great number of plant varieties as quickly as possible, as well as learn the plants in our demonstration gardens and mail order catalog. Candidates must be able to make proper recommendations to customers and answer questions efficiently and personably, in person and by phone.
- Two years previous retail experience, nursery experience preferred.
- Physical fitness – ability to lift 50lbs and work out of doors – rain or shine.
- Experience with POS and cash register procedures, including opening and closing.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently in a busy outdoor environment.
- Must be available to work both weekend days (Saturday and Sunday), and be available for special events.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, complete assignments and stay focused through interruptions of work flow.
- All applicants must have reliable transportation.
- Must be punctual.
- Knowledge of Annie’s plants is a plus.
Nursery work is strenuous and requires focus, dedication, and grace under fire. It is also fun and an opportunity to learn more about gardening and the fascinating array of plants we grow!
Full time position available. $15.00 - $16.00/Hr Compensation DOE. Please email in-line resume to email@example.com. Please include salary requirements. No phone calls, please.